The Osram 66140CBI-HCB is replaced by the improved 66240CBN-HCB
Looking for OEM quality and nothing less than the best light output with a color temperature of 5000K ? This is the bulb of your choice.
This lamp pushes the boundaries in light output and color temperature. On European roads 5000K is the maximum color temperature allowed. The higher color temperature is closer to the color temperature of sunlight, which our eyes are adapted to.
Until recently, almost all OEM bulbs had a color temperature of 4300K. This was mainly for technical reasons: at this color temperature the highest light output could be achieved. At color temperatures higher than 4300K , the light output normally decreases. Osram's engineers have succeeded with this "Cool Blue Intense" xenon bulbs to get the highest light output with a higher color temperature. That 's what makes this bulb unique.
- "it's the first time, in the last 3 years that I'm using my retrofitted headlights, that I CAN SEE my headlights on the street and on the sidewalks, under very intense public illumination !... And you know what?... I like it a lot!..."
- "puts out a wider, brighter, super white light..."
- "Before my retrofit I had a 5000k kit (bad, i know) and switched to the 85122+ bulbs after I got projectors (S2k). I loved the white I had before and couldn't stand the yellow of the Philips. When I put the CBIs in, they were a bit dimmer than the Philips, and just barely whiter. I wasnt very impressed. After about three hours of usage, they got noticeably whiter and brighter. The beam was just as wide as before, but there was definitely more light to the sides. At this point they were already brighter than the 85122+'s and the white light definitely stood out much better than the yellow of 4300k. The cutoff was easily seen far in the distance on a brightly lit highway. There is still a little bit of yellow in the beam, but it is disappearing quick. I was considering 55w before, but these bulbs definitely don't need it.Mind you, this is just after 3 hours. I'm pumped to see how they look after they finish breaking in."
- "I couldn't believe the CBI were so much higher but like I said above I did this three times in rotation, changing the bulbs and letting them warm up each time with almost the exact same results."
- "Well after putting around 5 hours on them I must say I'm in love with driving at night again haha."
Got any questions about the Osram CBI's HID bulbs? Don't wait and contact us directly.
Worldwide Tracked shipping
We are based in Europe (the Netherlands) and we ship worldwide. So shipping to the United States, Australia, Canada etc. is not a problem at all.
All our orders have a track and trace / tracking code, so you can check the progress. The orders are processed by ourselves and send out from our own warehouse.
We are known for our fast deliveries. All delivery times start when we have received your payment. The products that are in stock will normally be shipped within 1 working day. The shipping time varies based on the destination. Please check the estimated shipping (working) days and costs below. We ship directly from our warehouse in The Netherlands.
Almost all of our orders will be shipped by tracked parcel shipping. We try to use the best option based on price, delivery speed and service. Most of our shipments are shipped with UPS, sometimes we also use DPD or PostNL.
You can find the shipping costs and shipping times for parcel shipping for inside and outside the EU in the table below.
|Zone||Countries||Price||Working days est. delivery|
|Domestic - UPS||The Netherlands||€ 7,98||1-2|
|EUR 1 - UPS||Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg||€ 9,98||2-3|
|EUR 2 - UPS||Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden||€ 14,98||3-5|
|EUR 3 - UPS||United Kingdom, Norway, Switzerland||€ 17,49||3-6|
|Rest of Europe - UPS||€ 19,98||5|
|US - UPS||United States||€ 34,50 / ~$ 38||5|
|Rest of the World - PostNL||€ 35,95||10|
When you choose parcel shipping, you can follow your shipment. You will receive an e-mail from us with a tracking code as soon as your order leaves our door.
The carriers for parcel shipping choose their own schedule for deliveries. Remember that you need to be present at the delivery address during working days from 9 till 5 in order to receive your order. It remains your responsibility to make arrangements for the way that the order is received at the delivery address. Orders we sent by envelope will arrive, even if you are not at home.
UK prices, shipping and taxes
UK prices / taxes are based on the order amount. For more information please see this FAQ item: UK prices and taxes.
You can find other products in the collection; D2S xenon HID bulbs